Wednesday 17 December 2014

FOREVER

I'm afraid of losing you forever
So I stay quiet
and shut my mouth
get on with things
but maybe it'd be better
if the words were said 
questions asked
feelings felt and dealt with
so that, even if I lose you
At least I'll know I tried 

I'm afraid of losing you forever
but night will turn to day
frost will melt away
and I'll learn to stop loving you
and I'll learn how to see 
my own reflection in the glass 
instead of your footprints
smudged across the surface

I'll learn to bask in sunlight
and read books by ponds 
and watch the sun sink 
behind orange clouds
and I'll do it all alone
and I'll be okay with that

I'm afraid of losing you forever
but even more so,
I'm afraid of losing myself
to a love that maybe 
isn't worth fighting for
I'm afraid of losing me forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year

As the new year arrives  it brings a lot of opportunities for us to live our lives   as we dream of. So let us start this beautiful year wit...