Sunday 6 March 2016

Just good friends..

With every smile 
with every glance
my hopes are raised
my joy enhanced
I'm on a high
it's such a rush
So I make a move
my heart is crushed.

Was wishful thinking
on my part
I lost my head
and followed my heart
I learnt to see
what wasn't there
her love for me 
is now elsewhere.

Will I ever learn
not to take the bait 
that drop dead smile
that seals my fate
it reels me in
and I can't break free
I'm filled with a
false sense of security.

So again I'm struck
deep to the heart
with the realization
we are apart
the love we shared
has ceased to be
so from now on 
just good friends are we.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year

As the new year arrives  it brings a lot of opportunities for us to live our lives   as we dream of. So let us start this beautiful year wit...