Thursday 20 August 2015

PS I Love You.

I love you more than the stars in the sky
I love you more than the rain in the summer
more than the sunlight which trickles through my curtains in mid winter

I love you more than the flowers which grow wild
and more than the yellow butterfly I once caught
but then let go because it was too beautiful to hold captive
and I wanted to share that beauty with the world.

I love you more than the river I once jumped in and the clear water
that splashed on my face and made me feel like I was washing away the past.

I love you more than the greenery of the grass and the redness of roses
and the browness of the oak that grows behind my house.

I love you more than the sound of the birds in the morning
and the crickets which chirp late at night.

I love you more than the wind which blows away my fears 
and the rain which drowns my tears 
and the sun which warms my heart 
and the moon which gives me hope
and the stars which guide me home.

I love you more than all these things combined.
My heart has always belonged to the wild 
and these are what make up my existence
These are what give me purpose
and prove to me that life is worth living.
These are my reasons to wake up in the morning
and fall asleep at night.

And if you have managed to capture my soul and free my heart 
to the point where I love you more than nature and its miracles
then I must say that 
you have claimed every part of me 
because truly I never thought it was possible to love anything or anyone
more than I did the feeling of freshly cut grass against my bare feet
but you have proven me wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year

As the new year arrives  it brings a lot of opportunities for us to live our lives   as we dream of. So let us start this beautiful year wit...