Tuesday 10 June 2014

Walls..

Walls of silence,
Of guarded wariness.

Walls of hesitation,
Of experienced caution.

Walls of distrust,
Of practiced isolation.

Walls I put up intentionally,
Walls you tore down unknowingly.

Walls I found crumbled,
the door of my heart opened.

Walls I found breached,
And you were just sitting there.



Walls I have never lived without,
Suddenly seeming unneeded.

Walls I was glad to let down,
Until you shanked my heart.

Walls I should have fortified
With anger, hate and experience.

Walls of protection,
Of much needed security.

Walls of insulation,
Of broken heart bandaging.

Walls I won't let down again.
Thanks to you, I've learned my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year

As the new year arrives  it brings a lot of opportunities for us to live our lives   as we dream of. So let us start this beautiful year wit...