Thursday 19 May 2016

Awake..

The night casts its long shadow over my flesh and blood 
yet my body chooses not to fall 
into the natural rhythms of slumber 
my eyelids are made of stone and are locked securely in place
my imagination runs amok and dreams fill up my void
the singing crickets punctuates the conversation with myself
days long since past are still fresh in my memory
I feel like ideas are surging through my head 
ready to burst through my eardrums
but my arms and legs do not match my metaphysical wishes
they are numb and useless
like a slow a river 
the bed seems to carry me to eternity
gently taking me to a place far away
I need to rest so badly 
the pangs of responsibility echo through my being
I have things to do  
I have people to meet
Its a curse
to never be able to match the cycle of the light 
to bear witness to the passing of time
locked in a coffin of consciousness
the sun is back 
its time to drag this empty husk out of bed
light pours through the blinds in an endless stream
No arouse yourself from this folly
the shadow still remains
you were always wide awake
hopelessly thinking of tomorrow
pondering this night until daybreak. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year

As the new year arrives  it brings a lot of opportunities for us to live our lives   as we dream of. So let us start this beautiful year wit...