Tuesday 8 July 2014

The ruin..

I stumbled upon this building only by chance,
With its hypnotic ivy, leaves me in a trance,
Holding the ruins together in a natural embrace,
Whilst hiding the features with its natural lace.

The child inside me, can't help but explore,
As I walk through the grounds, to the withered old door,
I fight through the foliage, I see the door is ajar,
Pushing it open as it creaks, interrupting the calm.

Birds fleeting like the thoughts in my mind,
As I capture the beauty with my eyes, as I left my trouble behind.
The sun pierces through the absent gable,
As it highlights the old wooden chair, missing its table.

I come to rest in that old wooden chair,
Looking through the open gable, in the suns aura I stare,
The heavens open as my spirit glides,
Out from my body as I breathe through the sky.

I am drawn to the roadside of an old country lane,
The car hugging the tree, the window missing its pane,
A camera clicking, from a lifeless grip,
Capturing the tragedy of a summers road trip.

Besides the body of a man, is his newly wed bride,
Her breathing so shallow, she gazes in his eyes,
Reaching for his hand, as breathes one last time,
Her spirit leaves her body as she is drawn to mine.

Our spirits embrace as we reach for sky,
As heaven waits the soul of the groom and his beautiful bride.


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year

As the new year arrives  it brings a lot of opportunities for us to live our lives   as we dream of. So let us start this beautiful year wit...