Friday 11 October 2013

The Wings Of Talent

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I wouldn't have a single bit of my talent left and I could say, I used every bit you gave me"
Most of us enter this world with a healthy body, mind and some kind of inborn talent. But how many of 'em use their talent fully? But what about the people who are not so fortunate and enter this world with some kind of physical or mental handicap or the persons who become handicapped as a result of some disease or accident?
                    There are several examples of brave people like Helen Keller, Beethoven, Christy Brown, Sudha Chandran  and Satish Gujral who never let their handicaps disable 'em. They worked persistently with determination and will power to bring out the best of their talent.
Recently I came to know about an organisation of mouth and foot artists, and I was amazed to see the work of these physically challenged artists. They had either lost their upper limbs as a result of an accident or disease or had non functional upper limbs by birth. Unlike many of their kind they chose to be brave and innovative. Circumstances had snatched their limbs from 'em but not their talent and their will-power to keep their talents alive.
          Some of the artists were 'mouth painters, others 'foot painters'.
Done with their mouth or foot, their paintings were comparable to the paintings of any good artist with gifted artistic hands. These artists from various parts of the country worked with perseverance, skill, great will-power, and determination.
          That proves nothing can take the place of persistence and determination. These are the invisible wings of talent which take one to unpredictable heights. People having these qualities can happily and proudly say before God at the end of their lives.
                                                          " Yes I used everything you gave me " !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year

As the new year arrives  it brings a lot of opportunities for us to live our lives   as we dream of. So let us start this beautiful year wit...